I’m trying something new here and if you’re reading this, I’d LOVE to get your thoughts. thyme & toast is primarily a recipe site, featuring my modern takes (and some traditional) on Middle Eastern dishes I grew up eating. That being said, I often want to share more every now and then, sometimes without a recipe. I’m thinking some recipes outside of thyme & toast that I’ve been loving and just a little more of life. Personally, as a consumer of blogs for years, the ones I’ve loved most include a little bit outside of just recipes once in a while.
thyme & toast, for as far as I can see, will be primarily a food blog. So if this isn’t your jam, feel free to move on and stay tuned for a new recipe next Tuesday…
Otherwise, I’m planning to share a once-monthly blog post called “lately” (like this) with some favorites and what I’ve been up to – with a heavy focus on food because, well, I love food.
eating & drinking
- Toast with tahini, honey, and cinnamon (see above). Seriously my new favorite toast topping of all time.
- These chai-spiced (no bake) almond granola bars. We can’t get enough of them, and every time I make them, it seems like they’re gone in just a few days (Evan is a huge fan). That and my original hummus (sometimes with olives in it) are the two recipes I’ve been making weekly this month.
- Honey nut squash. I found these little squash at the farmers market and love stuffing them with yogurt and nuts or granola and honey for breakfast.
- This ramen from minimalist baker. Ramen is one of my ultimate comfort foods, and with January in full swing, I’ve been craving it like crazy.
- I’m not paleo, but I have been LOVING this cauliflower fried rice from spices in my dna. This has quickly become a part of our rotation of easy weeknight recipes.
- My new copper measuring spoons and cups from Williams Sonoma
- This hilarious meditation video for my friends who say meditating isn’t for them (and let’s be real, for me too some days). Warning: explicit language, in case that bothers you…
- My air plant! I am terrible with plants, and the cat (Zoey) loves to eat every plant I’ve ever gotten, including cacti, so having a little plant protected in a glass sphere has been pretty ideal. Not to mention, it’s pretty low maintenance.
- Traveling this month! Up and down the east coast to see family and friends!
- Drinking at least 64 ounces of water ever day (I go in and out of doing this, so really, I’m just recommitting) and water + apple cider vinegar in the morning to boost digestion and increase energy.
- Trying to find a way to escape the cold and go somewhere tropical. Seriously, I need a vacation and warm weather to get me through the rest of this winter.
- Finding ways to be a better advocate.
Ok, and one more peak at that toast I’m obsessing over…